Thursday, August 9, 2007

Week Eight Number 19 Googles Doc Test 1 Blog

Google Docs Test 1

After exploring the options on this site, I found that they are far more comparable to Zoho than I first thought. Though the word processing features are not so easy and obvious, they are available.
For example, I ever could find a spellcheck though until I went to the FAQs. There I I discovered spellcheck in many, many languages. Zoho has spellcheck for English only so Google is more advanced on that feature. (Also, I felt a bit dimwitted since the spellcheck option is highlighted in bright yellow on the bottom of the page I was typing on.)
There are several other differences, such as the word count feature listed under File as opposed to its automatically appearing in Zoho, but all in all with perseverance it seems straightforward enough to eventually create a document without having to resort to the HELP section.

Google Docs seems as though with practice it would be very close to the effectiveness and versatility as Zoho, though as a novice I still find Zoho easier to work with. Google Docs remains my second choice to share with patrons until I wrestle with it more. I am very excited about both though. I repeat -- just when I thought that Wikis were my favorite lesson -- the word processing lesson came along!

No comments: