Thursday, July 12, 2007

Week Six Part Thirteen: Del.icio.us Tags/Account

The two days I tried to access the highly recommended Otter podcast about del.icio.us, the Otter site was down. I used del.icio.us itself to walk me through its offerings. I created an account and then searched under "library 2.0/delicious" and found some excellent bookmarks to wikis and to other shortcut instructions that had step-by-step instructions.

Until I actually logged on and scrolled through the plethora of information, I didn't quite understand: 1) How valid this could be and 2) How valuable this could be.

What I discovered was del.icio.us is very useful for gathering hot topics/relevant websites/frequently needed reference information in just about any area. From my little bit of perusing, it is a great place to go through vast amounts of information and pick and choose what's important/relevant to me and mark it. For some reason I didn't understand the implications or simplicity of this until I got in there and starting exploring. I used "library 2.0" "sun salutations" and "personal library" as tags for the bookmarks I chose.

What del.icio.us requires is spending the time to create what I want and then using it enough to keep it tweaked. I look forward to spending more time with it.

While I am very careful to edit and or eliminate most blogs from my own lists, patrons may be crazy about blogs as well as websites.

My account link: http://del.icio.us/rexstout

No comments: